[ic] Tax Problems: Adding to shipping and handling????

interchange at tvcables.co.uk interchange at tvcables.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 19:05:41 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

I am having real problems getting the sales tax to work how I need it to, I am
using "multi" and the tax is being picked up ok from the country table.

The tax is being calculated ok from the subtotal but I cannot make IC add tax
to the shipping. In catalog.cfg the shipping tax is set to

TaxShipping     __TAXSHIPPING__

__TAXSHIPPING__ variable is currently set to "UK" but it does not add any tax
to the UK shipping???

Secondly I need to make IC add tax to the handling charge, I couldn't find a
way so thought the discount tag might work but I have found that IC calculates
the tax on the subtotal, not the subtotal after discount, is this a bug or is
there something that can be added to fix it???

I cannot find anyway of adding a handling charge and then getting IC to re-
calculate tax based on the new total. Please help!!!!!

Thanks,
Andy.