[ic] How to assign a scratch variable to a VBScript Variable??

interchange at tvcables.co.uk interchange at tvcables.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 18:19:25 EST 2004

Quoting Tom Luong <tluon002 at lions.odu.edu>:

> From: <interchange at tvcables.co.uk>
>
> Subject: [ic] How to assign a scratch variable to a VBScript Variable??
>

> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I need to assign a sratch varible to a vbscript variable but cannot make
> it
> > work, I have tried this:-
> >
> > <script language="vbscript">
> > dim vbname
> > vbname=[scratch newname]
> >

> Try
> vbname="[seti newname]value of newname[/seti]"
>
> and you retrieve the value of the variable by
> [scratch newname]
>
> or, anyways you have to set the value somewhere before you can call it up.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Tom

Thanks for the reply Tom, here is some code to show what I am  trying to do:-

I set a scratch variable on my admin_view page, this works just fine and I can
display the varible on the screen ok, so I know its been set.

[set myname]
[loop-calc]
        my $myname = q{[loop-data transactions fname] [loop-data transactions
lname]};
        $myname =~ s/(\S+)/\L\u$1/g;    # first to upper
        $myname;
[/loop-calc]
[/set]

[scratch myname] - Display on screen ok!

Now I have my scratch variable (myname) I am trying to use its value (text
string) in some vbscript.

I am trying to set my vb variable (vbname) to be equal to the value of the
scratch variable (myname), I thought this would work:

<script language="vbscript">
dim vbname
vbname = "[scratch myname]"