[ic] How to assign a scratch variable to a VBScript Variable??

interchange at tvcables.co.uk interchange at tvcables.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 04:43:04 EST 2004

Quoting Joachim Leidinger <info at ebusiness-leidinger.de>:

> interchange at tvcables.co.uk wrote:
> > I set a scratch variable on my admin_view page, this works just fine and I
> can
> > display the varible on the screen ok, so I know its been set.
> >

> Try
>
> > [set myname]
>
> [seti myname]
>
> > [loop-calc]
> > [/loop-calc]
> > [/set]
>
> [/seti]
>
> > [scratch myname] - Display on screen ok!
> >
> > Now I have my scratch variable (myname) I am trying to use its value (text
>
> > string) in some vbscript.
> >
> > I am trying to set my vb variable (vbname) to be equal to the value of the
>
> > scratch variable (myname), I thought this would work:
> >
> > <script language="vbscript">
> > dim vbname
> > vbname = "[scratch myname]"
>
> Make sure [seti myname] first and vb script is using *after* setting the
> myname var.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> Joachim

Thanks for the reply, still no joy though, tried [set], [seti] and [tmp] none
make it work. The scratch variable is set immediately before the vbscript. The
script is ok as I can manually set the vbname, eg vbname="Andy" works fine, I
just cannot get vbname to pick up the value of the scratch variable....

Any more suggestions please?

Thanks,
Andy.