[ic] Search for several words in a field

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Dec 3 18:10:41 EST 2004

Quoting Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) (ic_users at newmediaems.com):
> At 06:45 AM 12/3/2004, you wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >My field prod_group contains some special information (for example
> >prod_group = picture 01 sea big fullcolour list)
> >
> >How can I do a URL search with as result all records containing the field
> >prod_group with the words 'picture' AND 'sea' AND 'big' somewere in the
> >field.
> >http://www.xxxx.com/cgi-bin/scan/co=yes/fi=products/sf=prod_group/se= ?????
> >
> >Thanks a lot,
> >
> >Eric
>
> Try adding:
>
>         se=your search string
>         em=yes

i think em requires an exact match of the whole field to the search string.
more likely the url generated with:

   [area
	search=|
	    sf=prod_group
	    se=picture
	    se=sea
	    se=big

   ]

that will limit the search to one field, and require all the se= values
to be found.

--
Mike Heins

p.s. sorry for lower case, injured hand

If you like what you're gettin', keep doin' what you're doin'. -- Hector