[ic] Need Help Excluding Selected Items From Subtotal

Thomas J.M. Burton tom at globalfocusdm.com
Thu Dec 9 12:49:40 EST 2004

Hi ICers,

I need to exclude some specific items from the [subtotal] and
[total-cost] calculations and then add in their item subtotals once the
final total with shipping has been calculated.

I was doing this by creating a modified version of the subtotal UserTag
that took the subtotal of said items and subtracted it from the order
subtotal. This gave me problems once an ENTIRE_ORDER discount was
applied, along with a few other problems.

I've decided that a better way to do tackle this would be to "set aside"
these items when the cart is read in to any total- or
subtotal-calculating tags. Before I go messing around with anything too
much, I'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions on how best to do this.

To Review:
In the checkout page, I want to:

1. Set aside selected items in cart by sku pattern match, store subtotal
for later use.

2. Subtotal, Entire Order Discounts, shipping, etc. are calculated
without total cost of excluded items.

3. Order total is calculated as normal, with excluded item subtotal
added in afterward.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom