[ic] preference value LOCALES - and [L] tags not being replaced with correct translation

Tom tom at ecnow.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 06:24:42 EST 2004

> Tom wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I see that there is a preference in the Internationalization section called "LOCALES", but I can't seem to work out what it effects. I've looked through the i18n docs, but don't see it directly mentioned. Anyone tell me what it does?
> >
> > Also I have added a locale.txt colulmn for my en_GB, and the prices are showing in pounds as I have set my default locale to en_GB, but none of my [L] transalations are being picked up. Does this need to be enabled somewhere?
>
> Where did you put the [L] tags ? Do you see the translated strings in
> the administration ?

sorry. in my haste i did not check that my modified locale.txt had been taken by the upload. (I had edited locale.txt in excel and uploaded it) but it had been rejected or something had gone wrong during the upload and it was using and earlier version of the locale.txt.

But what does the LOCALES preference in the internationalization section do?

Cheers,

Tom