[ic] CookieDomain problem and solution

Sandy Thomson sandy at scotwebshops.com
Mon Dec 13 05:17:11 EST 2004

William Carr wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2004, at 11:43 AM, Sandy Thomson wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> We have multiple catalogs. Each catalog tends to have its own domain
>> (A,B,C ...), but the checkout area for all of the catalogs is hosted
>> on a single domain (Z,because of the extorsionate price of secure
>> certificates).
>
> Are the separate catalogs separate businesses? If so, suck it up and
> get a certificate for each site.

Woohoo! My great spelling shines through!
There is another reason for this as well as cost of certificates. Unless
you start hosting different virtualhosts on different
ports/interfaces/computers you can only have one secure certificate, as
apache has no clue what virtualhost to use if they are all on ssl port
443 (i think it defaults to the first one).