[ic] autonumber

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de
Mon Dec 13 15:00:40 EST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:28:30 -0500
Gregor Zurowski <gregor.zurowski at lunetta.de> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I would like to know what all this *.autonumber files are all about? I
> am using a MySQL database as the datasource for ic but it always creates
> those .autonumber files during start up.

Interchange uses the .autonumber files to create keys for new database entries
(see the administration for an example). If you use AUTO_INCREMENT keys,
add a AUTO_SEQUENCE 1 entry to the corresponding dbconf/mysql/*.mysql file
and the .autonumber file will vanish.

BTW: Wojtek - Gregor - what is your name ?

Bye
	Racke

Interchange Development Team