[ic] Deleting images via UI

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed Dec 15 18:08:37 EST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Daniel Degotardi wrote:

>> I'm trying to add functionality to the item admin to allow the
>> deletion of uploaded images.
>>
>> How would I go about achieving this? Searching the lists and forum
>> turned up nothing...
>
> No ideas anyone?

I'm sure there's a way; it would just take work. :)

You may have just as much luck writing a plain Perl script that would read
in the filenames from your image directory and delete anything that
doesn't have an entry in your database. You could run it nightly or weekly
from cron, for example. That would have the advantage of removing unwanted
files that got there through FTP or other means, not just through
Interchange.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen