[ic] Issue with using IE for adding pseudo-product to the cart

Akash Shah ic_user at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 25 19:05:37 EST 2004

Hi,

IC 5.2.0 - Foundation based catalog

I'm trying to add a psuedo-product to my cart as a sample request. I've
created a dummy product with SKU 8989898, and the description is generated
dynamically on flypage, based on sku. Here is the code that I use (on
flypage.html):

=============
           [set Order Sample]
           [calc]
           push @{$Items}, {
                        code            => '8989898',
                        quantity        => 1,
                        description     => "Sample - $CGI->{item_desc}",
           };
           return;
          [/calc]
          [/set]

           <form action="[process]" method=post name="sampleform">
           <input type=hidden name=mv_todo value=refresh>
           <input type=hidden name=mv_nextpage value=ord/basket>
           <input type=hidden name=item_sku value="[item-code]">
           <input type=hidden name=item_desc value="[item-description]">
           <input type="image" src="__THEME_IMG_DIR__samplebuy.gif"
name="mv_click" border="0" value="Order Sample">
           </form>

The code above works perfectly for Mozilla, but in IE, it does not add item
to the cart. I checked my error logs and cannot see any kind of error.

Any ideas what could be going wrong over here ? I'm using IE 6.0 on Win2K.

Thanks.
-Akash