[ic] Interchange and SQL-Ledger

Jim Ratte jim at recreationalmobility.com
Fri Dec 31 18:55:18 EST 2004

Hello All,

I've seen some posts from a few people out there who have made reference to
'almost' having interchange and sql-ledger working together, but I have not
found any 'Success- and here's how I did it' type postings.

First let me ask, is there anyone who has this working, and is willing to
share a quick how-to -- even if its rough! I have two dev boxes to play with
to re-write it and post it back to the list... :)

Here's what I've been playing with so far...

This posting was from Mike Heins and is very informative:
http://lists.akopia.com/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-August/024748.html

Where I seem to be stuck is on:

NoImport customer
Database customer customer.txt dbi:Pg:dbname=ledger

The customer.txt database did not exist, and interchange would not start,
which led me to another post from Sam Batschelet:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003-November/036179.html

which revealed that the missing database should be structured as sql-ledger's
customer table, and after adding that interchange would start fine.

But when trying to place an order, or create a new account, I get this error:

Failed to save customer data with accounting system
Vend::Accounting::SQL_Ledger: Can't locate object method "new" via package
"Vend::Accounting::SQL_Ledger" (perhaps you forgot to load
"Vend::Accounting::SQL_Ledger"?) at /usr/lib/interchange/Vend/UserDB.pm line
763.

Any pointers??
Thanks in advance
-Dave