[ic] people complaining about interchange...

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de
Fri Feb 6 08:55:51 EST 2004

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 20:14:18 +0800
frank <frank at goldissue.com> wrote:

> Stefan Hornburg wrote:
>
> >You know that ICDEVGROUP is interested in patches and suggestions to
> >adjust Interchange to the needs of e-commerce in the country of your
> >country.
> >
> >Bye
> >	Racke
> >

> Stefan,
>
> I have created a ups_query.tag which does a http lookup at Australia
> Post together with country.txt, shipping.asc, and extra variables like
> insurance
> to select on the page ord/checkout. ie these all work together. It is an
> old checkout page. It is full of [if] statements and looks awful.

I suppose we can add a auspost_query tag and either integrate the
other changes into the foundation catalog or document them.
Do they provide test facilities ?

> I have created a new table email.txt and a mysql database for it. I have
> a window to capture email addresses which I put into search_box_small. I
> learnt e-marketing from Ken Evoy. It is known that if you capture email
> addresses and send out mailings that sales multiply. I have written a
> bulk emailer in perl.
>
> I have written a section in Order.pm which connects to the Camtech
> Merchant Server - our leading gateway of which I am a reseller - via the
> socket on localhost. They have tested it. It returns 99 codes which I
> have written into Order.pm. I also bypass this code for manual
> processing - which is what we are currently doing.

What are 99 codes ?

> I have a suite of receipts in the etc directory which quote the ABN
> (Australian Business Number) number (from variable.txt) and also a
> [calc] on the receipt to let the customer know the GST (goods and
> services tax) component. In other words prices over here are inclusive
> of GST.

Here I need some background on what the GST is and how it is
calculated.

> All of my pages have search engine metatags in the templates. On pages
> showing a search (eg results.html and cat.html which I have created to
> break down the search for huge databases) all the categories etc are
> automatically placed in the meta tag. Same on the flypage.
>
> I suppose I should share the code seeing as you share yours :)
>
> How do you wish to proceed?

You can contact me by private email in order to work on integrating
your changes.

Thanks
	Racke

Interchange Development Team