[ic] interchange hosting

Mike Kang interchange at thedesignpeople.com
Fri Feb 6 17:37:57 EST 2004

Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Ian Corner (ian at w3it.com):
>> Can anyone point me in the direction of a "decent" host, one that
>> knows what customer satisfaction means. Or if you have moved hosts
>> yourself, was it easy? Any tips and information would be very
>> appreciated.
>>

> My experience is that you get what you pay for.
>
> If you are expecting hosting for $20 per month and top-level tech support
> for free, you are wishing for something that simply doesn't exist.

So true.

If you hired these hosting people as developers they I suppose you have
every right to be upset, but I think you will find that hosting providers,
in general, are not developers.  I'm sure if you had problems with the mail
server, ftp server, web server, they would be more than happy to help you.
Just because IC is installed, or that you can install it, I wouldn't think
any host would be responsible to help you develop your store.  If your
contract with them says different then that host probably won't be around
much longer anyway :)

If I were you I would look for an IC developer/s to help you and not look to
the hosting provider for help.

There is a separate mailing list to look for/hire developers: