[ic] Once again: ProductFiles directive really working?

Dr. Michael Streubel Michael.Streubel at palmwaregroup.com
Mon Feb 9 03:04:53 EST 2004

Hi Interchangers,

I'm working with IC 5.0.0 and Postgres.
Though many posts dealt with understanding the ProductFiles directive,
I still can't see whether it's really working as described at several
places
or if there is some misconception on my part.

Since it's obvious how to configure things in the .cfg files,
I won't repeat everything here. However, look at the following
code snippets:

1)             [loop
 search="
               st=db
               sf=description
               se=...Some search expresssion...
"]
[loop-code]
[loop-field title]
[/loop]

This code finds nothing even if the search expression does hit some entry
of one the additional tables listed in the ProductFiles directive.

2)
[loop
 search="
               st=db
               sf=description
               se=...Some search expresssion...
               fi=...Additional products table name...
"]
[loop-code]
[loop-field title]
[/loop]

This code does yield a non-empty result if the search expression
does occur in the additional products table.

But now

3)
<!-- This code works on all table files! -->
[perl]$Scratch->{myFiles} = join ',', @{$Config->{ProductFiles}};
return;[/perl]
[loop
 search="
               st=db
               sf=description
               se=...Some search expresssion...
               fi=[scratch myFiles]
"]
[loop-code]
[loop-field title]
[/loop]

This codes finds everything as expected.

In my opinion, these facts demonstrate that I have configured things
correctly, but that the ProductFiles directive doesn't work as expected,
at least as I understand it, namely that I don't have to modify any code
as in
case 3 above  if I'm to add additional product files (tables).

Any hints are greatly appreciated.

Michael