AW: [ic] Debian

Stephan Becker stephan.becker at blue-imotion.de
Tue Feb 10 09:15:31 EST 2004

Scott Martin wrote:

> Last week I posted having problems in UI with Clone items & Options tab.

Hi Scott,

Well, threaded Perl seems to be a absoulte No-Go still.
This issue has been discussed over and over here and everywhere else IC
issues are discussed.

Maybe I am wrong but as far as I know you have to compile or install
yourself a non threaded version of perl.
I asked my provider to do so for me and he did without any complaints.
If yours does not do the trick for you, you might have to do it on your own
or ask for external support.

Some of the guys reading this list may able to help you too.

I have installed the source distribution of ActiveState Perl.
Read the installation and compilation instructions carefully and throw the
appropriate switches.
I did it on a Debian System and everthing went fine within a couple of
hours.

Regards
Stephan