[ic] City, State, Zip code verification

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Tue Feb 10 12:29:37 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 16:01, Shawn Butler wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has already made a tag to check a
> customers shipping address against a post office zip/city
> database.
>
> Ideally it would be set up in the profiles.order file so when
> the an order is placed the check is executed. If there is an
> error, return it to the user with a suggested correction. If
> there is no error the order is placed.
>
> thanks!
> Shawn

I'm working on real-time usps rate queries to be included in the 5.1
release. The same interface also has a group of address information
API's, but I have not looked at them yet. I might consider doing it if
there was a general consensus that it would be a worthwhile feature to
the user base at large.

FYI, All usps lookups require registration with usps webtools, and the
Address information queries require "special permission", according to
their website. So test driving any of this will take a bit of doing on
the part of the user.

- Ed
Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax