[ic] Interchange using up semaphore arrays --> problems opening GPG encrypted messages from Interchange

NOW Website Coordinator webperson at now.org
Tue Feb 10 12:54:10 EST 2004

It turned out that yes, the problem was that every time someone placed an
order, the PGP program used up a semaphore and held on.

So I've switched to GPG, but now can't decrypt any of the IC messages
EXCEPT when I am signed on as the Interchange user.

I get the message:
gpg:decryption failed: secret key not available (or, from within Eudora,
the message "This message was encrypted for one private key, that you don't
have in your keyring").

when I try and decrypt an order from IC.

However, if I sign on (Linux Red Hat, IC 5.0.0, GPG reports as 1.0.6
although I downloaded 1.2.4) as interch, encrypt a file, send it to myself
by email, I can decrypt it.

And the keys seem to match-- on my local Windows keyring, to the one on the
Linux server.

So it's not a simple GPG problem.

In Interchange, I give as the PGP_KEY the public key of interch.  It is
able to select it fine from a list, so it is interacting with GPG fine.

Any help would be super.