[ic] IE problems after latest update KB832894 - SSL & KeepAlive

Randy Moore ramoore at axionpartners.com
Tue Feb 10 13:10:43 EST 2004

Hi all,

Microsoft has introduced a bug with the latest critical update they
released last week for Internet Explorer.  This affects posting forms using
SSL to a server with KeepAlives turned on.   If the user took longer than
the keepalive timeout (so that the socket was closed when the form is
submitted), IE now fails to correctly post fhe form.  I believe from other
posts I've seen that it is setting the Content-Length header to zero.

Anyway, the quick fix to this is to make sure KeepAlives are turned off in
your server, at least for SSL when IE is the browser.

I just spent several frustrating days trying to figure out what was going
on with out stores and wanted to save everyone else the same trouble.

Hope this helps.

Randy Moore
Axion Partners, Inc.

email     ramoore at AxionPartners.com