[ic] non-Verisign/Thawte Certs

Jeff jeff at badtz-maru.com
Wed Feb 11 12:12:03 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 09:35:05AM -0700, Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:

> suggestions for alternatives that will work without a lot of the goofy
> side-effects of the CA not being known, and yet have good customer
> service and won't cost a first-born - we are not an ISP but an end-user
> self-hosting site...

	I use the geotrust QuickSSL certs now too.  It was a complete
pain to renew my Thawte cert, it was dragging on for two weeks for some
reason... so I told them to cancel it and this is no kidding... I was
able to get a QuickSSL cert in 10 minutes from the time I hit the first
signup page to the time I received the cert.

Jeff