[ic] shipping with customers own shipping account

New Media E.M.S. ic_users at newmediaems.com
Fri Feb 13 12:44:00 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 15:13, David Etheredge wrote:
> I have some customers who wish to have their products shipped to them on
> their own UPS / FedEX accounts.
>
> Has anyone here done this before or have a good way to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> David

David -

It's probably been done (I think perhaps everything has been done at
least once with Interchange), but not in the standard dist.

Briefly, I would think you would add a 'Freight Collect' shipping method
to the catalog, and then add a bit of code at a sensible point in the
checkout page content, with a field for their account type (UPS or
FedEx) and the account number - and make these required.

- Ed
Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax