[ic] Authorize.net/Auth Capture to Auth Only

Aaron Hazelton aaronmail at hazenet.net
Wed Feb 18 08:47:31 EST 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:33:55 -0500, TIff <tiff at fightclub.com> wrote:

> Greetings everyone.  I need some very simple help.  Interchange is so
> confusing and I can't seem to get a straight answer anwhere on the
> message
> board.  Where do I change the authnet setting from AUth Capture to Auth
> ONly?  Is this a global setting?  I am not a developer but this can't be
> that hard.  Please somone help me.  I have a production site up accepting
> orders and I need this changed ASAP.

you need to pass that AUTH_CAPTURE or AUTH_ONLY info to the [charge] tag.
so, basically, you could do this to achieve AUTH_ONLY:

1. in etc/log_transaction change the charge tag to something like this:
[charge route="[var MV_PAYMENT_MODE]" transaction="[value
mv_payment_transaction]"]

2. in your checkout page for instance you could set the value:
<input type="hidden" name="mv_payment_transaction" value="AUTH_ONLY" />

> Check out my web site if you want.
> www.fightclub.com.  Why does IC have to be so complicated?

I would prefer saying "intricate" :-)

--