[ic] using email as username

Sanjeev Topiwala s_tops at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 01:35:29 EST 2004

Hi,

I want to use email as username. I'm referring to the posting at

http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2004-February/037669.html

I'm on IC 5.0.0 with mySQL. I tried creating the userdb table with the
primary key / column key to store email address. But for some reason, it
creates table with primary column of type char(16). I cannot store email
address in that field as it is not sufficient to hold longer email
addresses.

So if I use the above mentioned configuration, can I store the email in the
email column, when a new user is created either automatically or through new
account page ? Or should I try to somehow expand the size of the username
column in the userdb table ?

Thx..
-Sanjeev