[ic] IE problems after latest update KB832894 - SSL & KeepAlive

Grant emailgrant123b at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 13:22:14 EST 2004

--- Randy Moore <ramoore at axionpartners.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Microsoft has introduced a bug with the latest
> critical update they
> released last week for Internet Explorer.  This
> affects posting forms using
> SSL to a server with KeepAlives turned on.   If the
> user took longer than
> the keepalive timeout (so that the socket was closed
> when the form is
> submitted), IE now fails to correctly post fhe form.
>  I believe from other
> posts I've seen that it is setting the
> Content-Length header to zero.
>
> Anyway, the quick fix to this is to make sure
> KeepAlives are turned off in
> your server, at least for SSL when IE is the
> browser.
>
> I just spent several frustrating days trying to
> figure out what was going
> on with out stores and wanted to save everyone else
> the same trouble.
>
> Hope this helps.

I remember having a problem with IE and submitting
forms maybe 2 years ago.  The solution was some kind
of KeepAlive setting.  I don't do Apache configuration
myself, so I'm hazy on the whole thing.  Is no
KeepAlive setting the best thing for fully updated
IEs, and a KeepAlive setting the best thing for not
fully updated IEs then?

- Grant