[ic] Interchange on Mac OS X Panther Locale problem

Hillary Corney hjcorney at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 15:53:42 EST 2004

Hi All,

I am running Interchange 5.1 on Mac OS X 10.3.2 Panther With standard
Apache, MySQL and recompiled unthreaded perl 5.8.3. Its not a
production site just a test rig in fact its running on a G3 Lombard
Powerbook  and it works fine.

But I am having a problem setting the locale for the UK I have set the
locale to be en_GB in the catalog.cfg file and in the Admin interface
under internationalisation.

I have added a en_GB column to locale.txt in products directory

I have attempted to set the default tax to VAT and 17.5 % in the tax
admin area

I have also tried to crib as much as I can from www.webmaint.net's
excellent UK localisation documentation (thanks) and from the
interchange documentation wiki.

The result is that Tax does not work and I have lost the default dollar
sign but the UK pound sign has not appeared.

I don't think the problem is down to Mac OS X it is more likely to be I
have missed some steps in the localisation.

Can anyone give me some pointers please.

Thanks,

Hillary