[ic] UI without SSL?

Stefan Fink stefan at work.de
Thu Feb 26 10:52:07 EST 2004

Hi all,

is it possible to get the UI to work without SSL encryption?
I've just installed interchange (Debian packages) for the first time, so
it might be a stupid question. All links to the Admin Interface are
printed as http, but internally the interchange server switches to https.

The following values are set in my configuration:

        Variable UI 1
        ifdef UI
        Variable UI_SECURE 0     <-- this ist not recognized
        endif

After doing some investigation, I found this part in
lib/UI/vars/UI_STD_HEAD:

        # force using secure URL for this page?
        $Config->{VendURLOriginal} = $Config->{VendURL};
        if ($Variable->{UI_SECURE} or $Tag->var('UI_SECURE', 1)) {
                $Variable->{UI_IMG} = $Config->{ImageDirSecure};
                $Config->{VendURL} = $Config->{SecureURL};
        }

I figured out, that the second value in the disjunction is always true,
so there's the explanation why the setting of UI_SECURE is not recognized.
Is this a bug or feature? And how to disable it?

Regards, Stefan.