[ic] embedding sql queries

Aaron Hazelton aaronmail at hazenet.net
Fri Jan 2 18:36:58 EST 2004

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 16:01:45 -0700, Josh - 185 Performance
<josh at 185performance.com> wrote:

> I can't find any docs on whether embedding sql queries is allowed.  For
> example, I'd like do a simple query:
>
> [query sql = "select distinct manufacturer from correlation order by
> manufacturer" list=1]
>   Hello, world!  We're now looking at manufacturer [sql-pos 0].
>   Included models are:
>   [query sql = "select distinct model from correlation where
>    manufacturer='[sql-pos 0]'"]
>   [/query]
> [/query]

i have done lots of these type of things, and as long as you are careful
to make sure all your 't's are crossed, etc, it should work fine.  take
a look at the docs for the query tag, and you will see the notations
for list_prefix and prefix.  use these on *each* query and they will
nest with the desired results.

i.e.
[query sql="select .."
	list=1