[ic] 5.0.0 UI login page - page_metaconfig.html issue?

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sun Jan 4 00:59:08 EST 2004

Quoting music at labyrinth.net.au (music at labyrinth.net.au):
> > Have upgraded a server to 5.0.0 (previous 4.8.7)
> > RedHat Linux 7.3 Perl 5.6.1 mod_perl mod_interchange
> >
> > New catalogues working OK though have noticed server resources used are
> more
> > than twice the amount of previous install per IC page load instance.
> >   PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
> > 24968 interch   15   0 33676  32M  2636 S     3.5  3.2   0:01 interchange
> >
> > Previous version instances ran RSS between 10M and 14M
>
> Just for clarity. After several days of 'housekeeping' crons etc Interchange
> 5.0 now appears to be using almost identical resources to our older 4.8.7
> version.
>
>   PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
>  6408 interch   15   0 29680  15M  2556 S     7.1  1.5   0:03 interchange
>
> The UI is a bit heavier.

It is all just a question of what software is loaded -- usertags
and the Perl modules they include.

If you remove a lot of the UI tags, you can get the core size
down to near what Minivend 4 used. I think the minimum achievable
is about 14M size if you don't have any of Bundle::Interchange
installed and have no catalogs.

The current foundation takes about 600K for each catalog, and
a lot of that is the Locale stuff. If you remove all of the
Locale translations, it comes down to 250K.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.647.1295      <mike at perusion.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer