[ic] Runtime error: DBD::Pg v5.0

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sun Jan 4 14:44:44 EST 2004

Quoting Salvador Caballe (scaballe at caballe.net):

> I just upgraded a system running interchange 4.8.7 to 5.0, my old catalog
> runs OK with this new version, I use postgresql database in both catalogs, but
> If I create a new catalog with makecat using the included foundation
> template, all seems OK ,no errors when I start interchange.
> but  I have "500 Internal server error" when I call any page
> from the new foundation store , no problems with my old catalog
>
> this is the error.log file output:
>
> Runtime error: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  Unable to identify an
> operator '<>' for types 'bpchar' and 'int4' at
> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1836.

There must be a problem creating the database. Those types are not
used in foundation, and that error probably comes from trying to
do a search.

Postgres sometimes gets confused when you create new tables. Try
restarting Interchange a few times and see if it changes. Then
check that the database was created.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.647.1295      <mike at perusion.com>

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous