[ic] Spiders and affiliate tracking

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Tue Jan 6 12:33:43 EST 2004

Jeff wrote:

> 	I use the directives below in my apache httpd.conf .  I found it
> on webmasterworld.com .  It looks for spiders and redirects them to the
> same page minus any parameters.  To use it, replace
> "shop.sophee.com" with the name of your own site.

The problem with that is it stops spiders seeing some pages that I
_want_ them to index, it's just the pages containing mv_pc that are a
problem. I guess I could just match mv_pc values, but my mod_rewrites
are already pretty tortuous...

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254