[ic] DBD mysql

Ed LaFrance edl at newmediaems.com
Fri Jan 9 12:00:55 EST 2004

At 10:39 AM 1/9/2004 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

That depends upon your webserver and interchange setup. There is some
documentation on this issue at icdevgroup.org; spend some time there.

>I have been configuring foundation store with the GDBM default on a debian.
>How do I convert that to the mysql should I be fortunate enough to get it
>going.

Briefly, assuming you have mysql up and running and DBD::mysql installed
for Perl, you would log into mysql as the admin, create the database for
use by your catalog, then create a mysql user with full permissions on that
database. Then you would set the following catalog variables:

SQLDSN          dbi:mysql:dbname
SQLUSER mysql_username
SQLPASS mysql_password
MYSQL           1

...then restart interchange.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          edl at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax