[ic] DBD mysql

Aaron Hazelton aaronmail at hazenet.net
Fri Jan 9 12:09:30 EST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:39:59 -0500, Scott Martin <smartin at steamvalve.com>
wrote:

> From: "Ed LaFrance" <edl at newmediaems.com>

> 5.8.2

> Please try
>> > >
>> >Also found this in IC error log:
>> >
>> >   Died in server spawn: Could not
> '/var/lib/interchange/catalogs/foundation/products/access.gdbm':
> /usr/lib/interchange/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm
>> >
>> >Any thoughts?
>>
>> This error message is probably unrelated to your trouble. Suggest you
>> restart interchange on the command line and observe for error messages.
>> Also check the suid and permissions on your link file.
>>
>> - Ed
>>
> Hi Ed,
>
> Thanks for your response, I am very new to this & appreciate your help.
> Who
> should be suid, interchange as user?, and which link are you referring.
>
> I have been configuring foundation store with the GDBM default on a
> debian.
> How do I convert that to the mysql should I be fortunate enough to get it
> going.

this is discussed at length on this list and in various forums. basically,
take a look at your dbconf/mysql/*.mysql files and match them up with
correct
products/*.txt files then set
MYSQL	1	Database
in your variable.txt or "preferences" and restart IC.

> Should interchange be the user of the mysql database that I create and is
> there a specific name for the database that i should use?

the user and name of the db can be just about whatever, because you will
set these values in the variable.txt file or the table.mysql file telling
IC which database to use and how to connect to it.

--
Aaron Hazelton
Hazenet.net