[ic] not using autonumber when creating a new item in admin ui

John Allman allmanj at houseofireland.com
Thu Jan 15 10:21:15 EST 2004

Stefan Hornburg wrote:

>Certainly you can select a key value in your
>form like that
>
><input type="hidden" name="mv_data_key"	value="idf">
><input type="hidden" name="idf"	value="7778899">
>
>Bye
>	Racke

This doesn't appear to have worked:( now nothing is being put in the
table at all.

I'm a little confused by the documentation about mv_data_key:*

"mv_data_key*
The field that is the primary key in the table. It must match the
existing database definition."

This seems to say it's the name of the field, not the value of the field
in the new entry?

Thanks,

John Allman