[ic] SQL_Parser.pm

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Mon Jan 26 09:42:49 EST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:52:46 +0000, Sandy Thomson wrote:

>Hi,
>I have been attempting to upgrade some of our shops to IC 5.0.0. However
>in doing so I have encountered issues with a new file called SQL_Parser.pm.
>
>The version we are moving from is a cvs build of 4.8.7, and this does
>not seem to have this perl module in lib/Vend, so I assume pre 5.0.0
>interchange versions dealt with search tag expansion differently?

SQL-Parser.pm was written by Mike H to replace SQLStatement.pm, which
was proving to be a problem.

>The errors I have been encountering are of the form:
>x.x.x.x session_id:nobody - [26/January/2004:11:19:13 +0000] site
>www.site.com/sku_item SQL query failed: syntax error: unknown op
>'o_sort' at /home/shops/interchange-5.0/lib/Vend/SQL_Parser.pm line 447.
> >
> > query was: SELECT code,o_group,o_value,o_label,o_widget,price FROM
>options where sku = 'sku_item'ORDER BY o_sort
>
>The errors have been occuring whenever a page with product options is
>requested. I assume it is just an issue with interchange 5 (or our sites)?

I haven't tested this case, but it is strongly recommended that IC 5 should
use a real SQL database rather than GDBM/BDB. If you do this, then
SQL-Parser.pm will not be used - if you are doing so then fact that SQL-Parser
is being called indicates a problem with calling the SQL db, which is usually
mismatched fields in that table.

>Any hints?
>
>Sandy.

-