[ic] mod_interchange OrdinaryFileList & ScriptAlias

John1 list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 11 17:13:13 EDT 2004

On Sunday, July 11, 2004 2:10 PM, rphipps at reliant-solutions.com wrote:

>> From: interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org
>> [mailto:interchange-users- bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of John1
>>
>> I am using mod_interchange and have the catalog set at root.
>>
>> Extract of httpd.conf:
>>
>> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/cgi-bin/
>>  <Location />
>>  SetHandler interchange-handler
>> OrdinaryFileList /cgi-bin/
>> </Location>
>>
>> This seems to relegate my cgi-bin to an ordinary file directory
>> rather than
>> a script directory.  i.e.  My browser tries to download the script
>> rather than Apache try to execute the script.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>

> Please ignore my last post, I just realized that what I explained is
> probably what you are already doing.  I think I posted to early in the
> morning for me :)  Have you tried removing the 'cgi-bin' from the
> OrdinaryFileList to see if Apache will use the ScriptAlias direction
> first in that case?

Thanks for your suggestions Ron.  Incidentally, I was already doing as you
suggested in your first reply.

I have just tried removing the:

OrdinaryFileList  /cgi-bin/

But, this just results in the Interchange generated "Missing" page -  "Sorry
/cgi-bin/myscript.pl" does not exist.  i.e.  Apache/Interchange goes looking
for the directory /cgi-bin/ within the catalog hierachy, and this doesn't
exist.  I suppose I could move all the scripts withing the catalog, but I
don't really want Interchange to parse my scripts.

Does anyone have any other ideas, or know the solution - I feel there must
be one :-)  Thanks again...