[ic] COD handling

Patrick Donker list-account at webpagina.nu
Mon Jul 12 17:52:39 EDT 2004

> This appears to be an unfinished part of the foundation demo - there are
> a few of these kinds of things about, so do not be too surprised. The
> COD fee is set up to be gotten from a 'handling' shipping method, but
> there is no such method in the demo. So you would need to add a new
> method named 'cod', which simply applies a fixed charge to any shipment,
> i.e. (when looking at shipping.asc):
>
> cod     C.O.D. Fee      1       1       1       3.50
>

> This would add $3.50 to any order when applied. The other thing you
> would want, which does not happen currently, is to recalculate the
> checkout page via form submission each time the payment method is
> changed. To do this you would just make the javascript call in
> include/checkout/payment_select:
>
> *** payment_select.bak  2004-07-12 14:25:57.000000000 -0700
> --- payment_select      2004-07-12 14:26:25.000000000 -0700
> ***************
> *** 51,63 ****
>   </script>
>   [/if]
>
> !               <SELECT NAME="mv_order_profile"
> !                               onChange="[if scratch old_browser]
> ! this.form.submit()
> !                                                       [else]
> !                                                               visible()
> !                                                       [/else]
> !                                                       [/if]">
>                 [if variable CREDIT_CARDS_ACCEPTED]
>                 <option [selected mv_order_profile credit_card]
> value="credit_card">[L]Credit Card[/L]
>                 [/if]
> --- 51,57 ----
>   </script>
>   [/if]
>
> !               <SELECT NAME="mv_order_profile"
> onChange="this.form.submit()">
>                 [if variable CREDIT_CARDS_ACCEPTED]
>                 <option [selected mv_order_profile credit_card]
> value="credit_card">[L]Credit Card[/L]
>                 [/if]
>

> - Ed

I was sorta affraid of such an answer, that is why I asked for a simple
answer. I know that the above is some sort of patch or diff file, but I
dont know how to apply such a patch. What do I need to change/add? What
do the ! mean? remove?
Could you make it more monkey proof for me please :)
Thanks
Patrick