[ic] ic and qmail

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Tue Jul 13 13:58:25 EDT 2004

At 10:22 AM 7/13/2004, you wrote:

>Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) wrote:
>
>>At 05:13 AM 7/12/2004, you wrote:
>>
>>>Hi people,
>>>I hope you can help me with this trivial problem, but as I dont have
>>>*any* perl knowledge it still needs your help;
>>>As mta I use qmail in a virtual domain environment. If I send email from
>>>within ic it takes the default domain as (amongst others) its return
>>>path. This is easy to solve my setting some qmail-inject variables.
>>>Question remains how to do this from within ic. I need a per catalog
>>>setting, so it would be great if there is a way to do this using catalog.cfg.
>>>In interchange.cfg I found this:
>>>
>>>## This is only needed if you use Net::SMTP instead of
>>>## sendmail or clones
>>>Variable MV_SMTPHOST smtp
>>>
>>>What does this do? How do I know if ic is using net:smtp or sendmail? I
>>>didnt find anything in the docs. What is the best way of setting
>>>environment variables in ic?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>-Patrick
>>
>>The above is not what you want to address this issue. Customer-targeted
>>email receipts, ship notices and other emails are easily sent out with
>
><snip>
>
>How come nobody is willing to help me with this?

Probably because this is not really an Interchange thing but rather a qmail
thing. You might want to get on a qmail forum or mailing list and pose the
same question - Interchange is just a big script so a solution that works
for any script should be adaptable for interchange. I took 37 seconds to
look at "Life With Qmail" (http://www.lifewithqmail.org/lwq.html), section
4.3, and did see that environment variables can be used to override
configuration directives, but perhaps a Qmail guru (which I am NOT) would
be better suited to show you how you might exploit this...

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax