[ic] ic and qmail

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Jul 13 14:56:08 EDT 2004

Quoting Patrick Donker (list-account at webpagina.nu):
> Before this turns into a flame war,

I don't think Ed is the one initiating that. You seem rather
at sea about what you need to do.

This issue has been discussed many times over a period of 8 years, which
is the first time I heard of this problem with Minivend.

"Setting system variables" is definitely possible in any of many
ways. But you don't even mention what you mean by a "system variable".
I can *guess* you mean changing something in the environment, but
it is certainly not our problem if you can't talk the proper
language that will make it easy to answer your question.

To do this you need to have a calling context; and certainly the
easiest way to do this is to make your own sendmail replacement
script and put that in the SendMailProgram catalog.cfg directive.

If you are going to use a very non-standard mailer like qmail,
you need to be the one responsible for finding the solutions
to problems. I know that in sendmail (and postfix) all you need
to do is make the user trusted and pass the envelope-from
with the -f flag. How to do that in qmail? Not a clue. But it
is certainly not our problem here.

--
Mike Heins

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon