[ic] ic and qmail

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de
Tue Jul 13 16:31:25 EDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:21:42 +0200
Patrick Donker <list-account at webpagina.nu> wrote:

> > "Setting system variables" is definitely possible in any of many
> > ways. But you don't even mention what you mean by a "system variable".
>
> I have posted which variables in previous messages. Maybe you should
> read those too befor butting in without knowing what the hell you are
> talking about
>
> > I can *guess* you mean changing something in the environment, but
> > it is certainly not our problem if you can't talk the proper
> > language that will make it easy to answer your question.
>
> Typical American attitude. Arrogance galore. English is not my native
> language, but at least I take the effort of trying to express myself in
> another language. But international orientation is not something
> Americans are famous for!

Actually you appear to me a little bit on the arrogant side. Additionally,
I wouldn't accuse Mike for that shortcoming. He doesn't deserve that.

> > To do this you need to have a calling context; and certainly the
> > easiest way to do this is to make your own sendmail replacement
> > script and put that in the SendMailProgram catalog.cfg directive.
>
> This is what I have been asking all the time. Why is it so hard to share
> info on this list? I have been reading the archives and you wouldnt
> believe how many times people ask for help (often the same questions),
> and are ignored or dissed. Not even to mention the forum, which is a
> total joke.

It is hard, because people often ask the wrong questions for their problem.
Additionally, most of us live busy lifes and therefore select the interesting
articles for answering.

> > If you are going to use a very non-standard mailer like qmail,
> > you need to be the one responsible for finding the solutions
> > to problems.
>
> Yes, ofcourse....non-standard...ever heard of Hotmail? Probably not or
> else you would have kept your ignorant remarks to yourself.
>
> > I know that in sendmail (and postfix) all you need
> > to do is make the user trusted and pass the envelope-from
> > with the -f flag. How to do that in qmail? Not a clue. But it
> > is certainly not our problem here.
>
> No, that is not your problem, but you clearly have enough problems
> already...

Please troll elsewhere.

Thanks
	Racke