[ic] sorting problem

Alessandro Poletto alessandro at polet.to.org
Fri Jul 16 19:33:59 EDT 2004

I have a problem with sorting when I use the search interchange
syntax to dig some datas from products database (eg from the main
menu).

The results page presents the results without any problem, i can
expose all the datas: price, description, etc...

Now I have the need of sorting the results by price, by available
quantity and by discount (additional field that I've inserted in
merchandising table).

I've inserted a link and via cgi (in the url: "&price_sort=1")
so I try to make 'coditional' sorting:

[search-list]
[sort products:price:rf]
  [if cgi price_sort eq'1']
    [sort products:price:rf]
  [/if]
[/search-list]

on the browser appear several times: [sort products:price:rf], a
numerber equal to the extracted items.

Is possibile to make this type of sorting?

Is better to "remake" the search adding or altering the search
criteria putting sf=price and if so, how is possible?

many thanks in advance!

Toth di
Alessandro Poletto
http://www.toth.it