[ic] Adjusting [item-quantity]

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Sat Jul 17 10:46:04 EDT 2004

At 10:47 PM 7/16/2004, you wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I need to adjust [item-price] and [item-quantity]
>based on an item modifier. Price adjustment worked
>easily. I just added
>
>     CommonAdjust   [my-price] ;products:price
>
>and
>
>     UseModifier my_modifier
>
>in catalog.cfg and then defined my price adjustment
>in usertag/my-price.tag.
>
>I tried to do the same for the quantity. i.e,
>added
>
>     CommonAdjust   [my-quantity] ;products:quantity
>
>and then defined my quantity adjustment in usertag/
>my-quantity.tag. However, this didn't work well.
>The code I wrote in my-quantity.tag is adjusting
>[item-price], not [item-quantity].
>
>Any suggestion on how I can resolve this issue?
>
>Thanks.
>

>-ammar

CommonAdjust itself will not do anything to the quantity of an item in the
cart - that is not what it was designed for. Certainly a usertag called in
the CommonAdjust chain could do something to item quantity while doing
other things, as quantity is an easily accessible attribute with Perl. But
beyond that I really don't have any idea what you are trying to do, since
you did not explain clearly.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax