[ic] sorting problem

Alessandro Poletto alessandro at polet.to
Mon Jul 19 04:34:14 EDT 2004

Yes i've noticed this probs, the sort tag is slow and works only with
the first page... sigh!

But the problem now is another, haw can i modificate the search
syntax when i've the results displayed?

I know the search syntax: tf=[filed] to=[sort type] but i don't know
how re-get the search parameters and re-utilize changing them!

Many thanks to all

> At 04:33 PM 7/16/2004, you wrote:
>
> >I have a problem with sorting when I use the search interchange
> >syntax to dig some datas from products database (eg from the main
> >menu).
> >
> >The results page presents the results without any problem, i can
> >expose all the datas: price, description, etc...
> >
> >Now I have the need of sorting the results by price, by available
> >quantity and by discount (additional field that I've inserted in
> >merchandising table).
> >
> >I've inserted a link and via cgi (in the url: "&price_sort=1")
> >so I try to make 'coditional' sorting:
> >
> >[search-list]
> >[sort products:price:rf]
> >   [if cgi price_sort eq'1']
> >     [sort products:price:rf]
> >   [/if]
> >[/search-list]
> >

> >on the browser appear several times: [sort products:price:rf], a
> >numerber equal to the extracted items.
> >
> >Is possibile to make this type of sorting?
> >
> >Is better to "remake" the search adding or altering the search
> >criteria putting sf=price and if so, how is possible?
> >
> >many thanks in advance!
>
> I have not used it in a long time, but I believe the [sort] tag comes
> immediately after the [search-region] opener, i.e.
>
>          [search-region]
>          [if cg price_sort eq '1']
>                  [sort products:price:rf]
>          [/if]
>          [search-list]
>

> You will find with multi-page results that the scope of [sort] is
> limited to each page as opposed to the entirety of the search results.
> Performance is also slower. It is better to pre-sort within the search
> parameters themselves.
>
> - Ed

> New Media E.M.S.              Technology Solutions for Business
> 11630 Fair Oaks Blvd., #250   eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
> Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
> (916) 961-0446                http://www.newmediaems.com
> (866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax

Toth di
Alessandro Poletto
http://www.toth.it
E-mail: alessandro at polet.to