[ic] 2 questions: multifield searches & results sorting

Sergei Voyakin svoyakin at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 15:35:41 EDT 2004

I tried to do a search through google, but was not able to find a much...
I want to do a search that searches for 2 diff values in 2 diff fields:
For example, I have 2 prod_groups: prog_group1 & prod_group2 and i have 3
caregories: cat1, cat2, cat3.  So I want to find products that are in
prod_group1 AND cat 1 (or prod_group1 AND cat2, etc) or to say in sql
language:
SELECT * FROM PRODUCTS WHERE PROD_GROUP = 'prod_group1' AND category =
'cat1';
(the prod_group values and category values are variables that I am passing
in)
I am searching for one this way:
[loop
     random="[control matches 3]"
     search="
          fi=products
          sf=category
          se=[categoryVAR]
          st=db
"]

What is the correct sintax to do AND search as described above?

Is this it?
[loop
     random="[control matches 3]"
     search="
          fi=products
          sf=category, prod_groupinterchange-users at icdevgroup.org.
          se=[categoryVAR], [prod_groupVAR]
          st=db
"]

Also...can you return search results sorted based on "relevance" of the
result based on query, if so, how?