[ic] Bug in image listing widget

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Jul 21 00:57:21 EDT 2004

Quoting Bob Puff at NLE (bob at nleaudio.com):
> I finally figured out why the image listing widgets were not working.
>
> It seems that the code will not follow a symbolic link, even if the
> permissions are good.
> (This is IC 5.2.0, Linux-Mandrake 9.2 box, ext3 fs.)  As someone else here
> pointed out,
> if you go to the advanced tab of the widget and give the full path to the
> images directory,
> it works.  However, if you give the path that IC normally uses, i.e.,
> catalog root / images
> (sym link), it fails.
>
> This used to work in old IC 4.6.  Is there a fix, or a configuration error
> that is causing this?

If you are giving the symlink as the last component in the path,
it will probably not work due to File::Find not following symlinks.
If you use images/items, it will work.

As far as I know, this should have been the case in 4.6 as well,
but I don't have that code to check on it anymore.

In any case, if you change this line in code/Widget/imagedir.widget:

    find($wanted, $dir);

to:

    find({ follow => 1, wanted => $wanted}, $dir);

it should list all the files for the directory. I will look at
possibly adding this to the widget options -- I want to create
a UserTag-bound method of adding custom "Advanced" options anyway.

--
Mike Heins

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of
car payments.  -- Earl Wilson