[ic] How to set up so "decrypt credit card" link will work?

Janine Sisk janine at furfly.net
Wed Jul 21 12:39:44 EDT 2004

To add a bit more to the below... I think I know what I did, but not
how to fix it.

 From an untouched installation of Interchange, products/variable.txt:

PGP_KEY         Encryption

 From the one I edited yesterday:

PGP_KEY 4252762F        gpg --no-default-keyring --always-trust
--keyring /var/lib/interchange/.gnupg/pubring.gpg -e -a --batch -t -r
'%s'

4252762F is the UID of the key I chose, and for the rest it appears I
put the value in the wrong place and changed the section PGP_KEY is in.
  Except that when I click on that link in the Preferences menu, I get
an empty table with "No records";  PGP_KEY doesn't show up there, or
anywhere.

Hmm.  I am guessing it would be a bad idea to try editing variable.txt
directly, as there is also a variable.gdbm that probably has to be kept
in sync.

Any suggestions?

janine