[ic] [data session ...] ?

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Jul 21 12:42:05 EDT 2004

Quoting Sandy Thomson (sandy at scotwebshops.com):
> Hi,
> I have been trying to access various things in the session database,
> mainly referer and source
> (as documented here:
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=ictemplates05%2e02),
> but these always seem to be blank when referencing them in a page.
>
> Not all things are blank, for instance ohost, id etc.
>
> Using the [dump] tag, i can see the HTTP_REFERER enviroment variable has
> the correct referer but it doesnt propogate into the sessions DB.
>
> Anyone got any ideas? I am using IC 5.0 and have
> SessionDatabase session
> in my catalog.cfg file
>

> The reason I ask is I was wanting to track how successful our
> advertising on various search engines is, and whether it is worth paying
> for.

Both the referer and source keys are set only once.

The referer key is set only on the initial
entry for the session. If you link from an HTML page you should
find this to be true. It will always stay at the initial value.

The source key is set the first time mv_pc has a qualifying value,
i.e. letters not just digits. Or you can reset it any time with
mv_source.

--
Mike Heins

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer