[ic] overriding MaxQuantityField in admin order entry UI - admin/entry.html

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Fri Jul 23 14:46:31 EDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) wrote:

> >We use the MaxQuantityField configuration setting to prevent ordering more
> >than stock. However, for the admin order entry UI, we want to override
> >this behavior, (probably add a checkbox to override it conditionally). Is
> >there any hidden parameter which can be set to achieve this functionality ?
>
> Try adding this near the top of admin/entry.html:
>
>          [calc]
>                  $Config->{MaxQuantityField} = '';
>          [/calc]
>

> ...I'm not sure if this is sticky from page to page. If it is not, you may
> have problems retaining your quantities when submitting the order.

It's not sticky. (Except unpredictably in older IC versions in PreFork
mode due to a bug.)

You could put that code in your admin Autoload
($VENDROOT/lib/UI/pages/admin/.autoload) and then anywhere in the admin
should be free of the MaxQuantity restriction. There still may be trouble
on process or ui actions, though, come to think of it.

Jon