[ic] Community Projects

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Sun Jul 25 14:43:57 EDT 2004

Mike Heins [mike at perusion.com] wrote:
> Quoting Dennis Pace (dpace at newagedigital.com):
>> In a quick look at the projects page I did not see the detailed
>> specifications for each project. I would like to be able to see
>> exactly what I am contributing to along with a estimated completion
>> time once fully funded..
>>

> When someone takes the time to do that work, it will be there. We will
> be happy to take contributions toward a spec. I think the way to do
> that is to use a forum to talk about the contributions.

I agree. This can really work if done right. One thing that is necessary is a
static place to post ideas in that constant sifting through the list posts is
not necessary. Is perusion going to have some sort of non-mail list forum? Or
should we use the ICDEVGROUPS Wishlist?

It should just be a static place to post topics whos intent is to "create"
discussion of buzz about it. The project would still be mulled over on the
list.

Also, I noticed a few fulfilled wishlist items, and some that are just plain
irrelevant. How hard would it be to volunteer to do some minor pruning, like
editing the wishlist and remove/notify invalid HalloFame sites...? I could do
this if it didn't cause too much inconvenience for the dev group.

hm, as for the wishlist, I could even act as an ambassador to poster, maybe
getting them to elaborate on the idea, or posting their idea myself to the list
as a proposal...

Actually, some of them are not even features, but simple questions that could
have been answered if posted to the list. I can recommend they do that, to keep
the feature list tidy (or just answer their question directly).

Anyways, I don't want to volunteer for anything mission critical, because I am
not versed in traditional "group" code maintenance scenarios. I could however
maintain/prune simple DB entries/text for now though, if that is desired.

Paul