[ic] Assemblies -- Magic words

Jeme jeme at rkdpp.com
Mon Jul 26 18:48:00 EDT 2004

OK, I'm fumbling blindly here.

This is my third attempt to ask this question and maybe I'm just not
asking in a way that people understand.  Interchange is highly flexible,
so I know it's not a matter of "can't do that" here.

I have a product to sell that is an assembly of three other products
(three separate stock items, anyhow).  Because they are stocked and
inventoried separately, I can't see how to create a SKU for each
possible combination and keep inventory.

So my idea is to create a custom flypage for this product (group -- I
have four such assemblies) and use a pulldown for each item in the
assembly (which will be populated based on available inventory -- no
backorders), then a single "Add to cart" button for the assembly.
However, the group has a single price and cannot be removed from the
cart individually, but only as a set.

Does anyone have a good pointer on this?  I'm really floundering here
and my attempts have been almost totally fruitless.

Thank you very much for your attention.
J.