[ic] Time-build

Sergei Voyakin svoyakin at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 28 08:24:33 EDT 2004

Just need a little explanation on this tag...
I have a page that loops through all the prod_groups and categories of a
catalog of 1000 + products.  It usually take a little time to get this done
and I want to speed up the page display.  The catalog does gets updated
daily, so I would like to get something in place so that this page is built
only once daily.  So...if i put the following tags around the code:

[timed-build period="24 hours"]
code to get prod_groups & categories
[/timed-build]

it will only be done once a day and the page theoretically supposed to
return quickly without hitting the database?

Thanks!