[ic] Options and Making the Customer Choose

Brian Ellis bellis at saberlogic.com
Wed Jul 28 13:51:29 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am running Interchange 5.2.0-1 and have run into a snag. The store I
am developing needs to have a mechanism in place to ensure that the
customer has indeed chosen an option as they proceed with their order. I
am looking to set it up similar to the "Big L Carpenters Square" in the
demo catalog (The default option is something along the lines of
"--select--" and if that option is still chosen when the user clicks buy
now it pops back and error saying they need to choose and option. The
store I am designing only uses a single, simple option, size).

Is it possible to configure Interchange 5.2 to act in this way? Right
now I am just using a stock flypage to test with.

Thanks for your help!

p.s. I have seen mailing list posts about this subject
(http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2004-January/037404.html) refer to the "mike flypage". Are these special modifications made to the stock flypage? Are those modifications powering the demo site (the WYSIWYG editor is sweet)? Are those available to dl? I'm sorry for the totally newb question.

Thanks!
--
Brian Ellis
Saberlogic